Assistant Coffee Roaster APPLY NOW
Bugwood Coffee is looking to hire an Assistant Roaster to join our passionate and skilled roasting team. In this position, you'll be counted on for your great work ethic and attention to detail as you grow your knowledge base.
You will work alongside our roasting team, learn everything there is to know about coffee roasting, development, and upholding quality practices, all of course while maintaining a clean, safe, and efficient workspace. This position will be mostly grinding, bagging, and packaging coffee's to ship - there's gonna be a lot of grinding and bagging.
The Assistant Coffee Roaster is responsible for supporting and ensuring the coffee produced by Bugwood Coffee meets our quality standards and is ground, packaged, and ready to be shipped out/ delivered/ or picked up by our clients on time and in an organized and orderly fashion.
You'll have the opportunity to grow as well! While becoming familiar with our roasting software and will learn and oversee the administrative, ordering and processing, and package delivery requirements related to the position. You will be apart of developing coffee recipes and roasting profiles.
- High school education or equivalent
- Education background in mechanical and electrical fields are considered an asset
- Excellent computer skills
- A passion and enthusiasm for coffee
- Willingness to learn from mistakes and to grow/ enhance skills
- Ability to listen, learn, and take direction
- Flexible scheduling is preferred and should be available to work weekends if necessary
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to perform physical requirements
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Working in a non-climate controlled small space environment
- Unassisted heavy lifting up to ~50lbs
- Repetition of duties
Job Type: Part-Time or Full-time (Subject to change through the hiring process)
Wage: Hourly to be negotiated
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:30 - 4:30, Holiday Days off (Subject to change through the hiring process)
2021-04-15|||3439 Fulton Ave. Smithers, BC Canada|||Production||||||Xm57bTcxgjXBFiN2|||OTHER|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false