Café Supervisor APPLY NOW
We are looking for a Supervisor to organize daily operations and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service.
Supervisor responsibilities include scheduling shifts for baristas, covering for sick days, holiday leave, and accounting for employee breaks. Monitoring daily/ monthly/ weekly/ quarterly reporting to understand menu items, seasonal offerings, and other (ie. milk, milk alternatives, food etc). Inventory for the café in the likes of weekly inventory, quarterly etc. as well as ordering other supplies like cups, sleeves, napkins etc. as needed. Researching new products with the Trainer & Director (ie - new grinders etc) to bring new offerings to Main St. Operating the social media accounts with the Trainer, responsible for all café content.
The Supervisor will also be responsible for advising on any staff conflicts, and advising on how to resolve any issues with customers.
In addition to tasks and regular items, you will be involved with working with the Trainer to ensure a high standard of delivery when it comes to our menu items, espresso shots, other drinks, and milk steaming, as well as product knowledge.
To be successful in this role we ask that you have work experience with various roles in coffee shops. Also, you should be available to work during opening hours, including weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, you will help Bugwood Coffee maintain our coveted level of customer engagement, inspire staff, and help bring specialty coffee to the north while keeping Bugwood as everyone's favourite local spot.
- Maintain role as a barista in the café (approx. 2-3 shifts per week)
- Manage day-to-day operations of the café
- Scheduling staff for daily operations
- Aid in hiring and onboarding new baristas
- Coordinate with vendors and order supplies, as needed (like takeaway cups, coffee, milk and other ingredients)
- Maintain updated records of daily, weekly and monthly inventory
- Deliver inventory to café
- Aid in adding new menu items based on seasonality and customers’ preferences, making seasonal syrups
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with customers
- Product knowledge surrounding coffee, brewing equipment, and other products
- Aid in bringing new products to Main St
- Aid in operating the social media accounts, responsible for café content
- Ensure all café areas are clean and tidy and the staff knows what the standard should be
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty and boost our reputation
Job Type: 35-40hrs/ Week
Wage: Hourly to be negotiated
Schedule: Early mornings and weekend availability required.2021-04-15|||1206 Main Street Smithers, BC Canada|||Café||||||oEiiIjzRiOc4rD41|||FULL_TIME|||CAD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false